To our Yew Dell Community,
Yew Dell Botanical Gardens is doing our best to help stop the spread of COVID-19. As we all know, right now there is no “business as usual”. We are staying up-to-date on recommendations from state, local, and national officials. With the interest of public safety are now open with safety regulations and guidelines in place to do our part as an organization to help stop the spread of this disease. Guidelines for visitors are located below. As the COVID-19 situation rapidly changes, we will alter our response as needed.
Scheduled events, programs, and classes are somewhat modified: we are limiting capacity for in-person classes and many of our classes are being offered virtually. As always, we appreciate the support of our faithful community members.
In this time of uncertainty we hope that we can all focus on what really matters – each other. We know that social distancing can be hard. Remember to check in on your neighbors and friends, particularly those who are elderly or without help. Be sure to stay connected on our Yew Dell social media channels for entertaining updates from our horticulture staff to help with the cabin fever. Stay safe and be well.
-The Staff of Yew Dell Botanical Gardens
COVID-19 Visitor Guidelines for reopening:
- Physical Distancing – Leave at least 6 feet between members of your household and other guests. Please be mindful of keeping a safe distance while in line, passing others on the walkways, or while enjoying areas of the gardens.
- Bring a Mask –In keeping with CDC guidelines, we require a mask to be worn for the safety of all of our guests and appreciate your help in keeping us all safe.
- Limited Capacity- We will be limiting the number of people visiting at one time. If we are at capacity, admissions will have you wait until others exit the gardens.
- Buildings are Closed – Buildings, including the castle, greenhouses, and log cabin, are currently closed to visitors.
- Garden Gift Shop – Only 2 visitors at a time will be allowed in the garden gift shop.
- Payment Options: For the safety of our customers and staff, we’ll be doing credit card transactions only and not accepting cash.